Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value.

I already have an iOS app accepted on the App Store, and now I want to add a macOS platform version.

I created a new Xcode project and used the same bundle ID as my iOS app.

When I tried to upload the macOS bundle, I encountered the following error:

Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle ABC.123456 [ABC.123456.pkg/Payload/ABC.app] is invalid. [Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value.] For more information, visit the macOS Developer Portal. (ID: xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I found that this problem occurs when the "Team ID" and "App ID Prefix" are different. How can I make them match?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 792109022
I found that this problem occurs when the "Team ID" and "App ID Prefix" are different.

That indicates you’re using a unique App ID prefix. This is a legacy feature that’s not supported on macOS. To fix this you have to change your App ID prefix to your Team ID. See Technote 2311 Managing Multiple App ID Prefixes for more on that.

IMPORTANT Changing your App ID prefix isn’t always easy. The most commonly encountered problem relates to the keychain. See App ID Prefix Change and Keychain Access.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I found that this problem occurs when the "Team ID" and "App ID Prefix" are different.

That indicates you’re using a unique App ID prefix. This is a legacy feature that’s not supported on macOS. To fix this you have to change your App ID prefix to your Team ID. See Technote 2311 Managing Multiple App ID Prefixes for more on that.

IMPORTANT Changing your App ID prefix isn’t always easy. The most commonly encountered problem relates to the keychain. See App ID Prefix Change and Keychain Access.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value.

Q