How to delete old bulid from app store connect?

My old build rejected by apple because of some issues. I resolve those issues in my next build, & I want to submit it for review, but after clicking on SUBMIT FOR REVIEW my old build is showing REVIEW IN PROGRESS. I want to delete my old build, to avoid this.
  • I have that same problem. This post was created 2 years ago! Such a basic operation to have on such a platform. HOW CAN WE DELETE A BUILD THAT WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE LISTED IN THE TEST FLIGHT? How is this complicated to understand and to implement Apple? And why every deletion is like finding Wally on it? I will get old and my grandchildren will ask me this question, and i will not know what to answer.

• Not only delete... I just commented above, i want to edit to correct something, guess what? I cannot. There must be a mystery button hidden in HTML wonders...

• BAD QUALITY APPLE SOFTWARE -> Change my mind.

Replies

Hi Rahul,

You can remove a build from an app version and add the correct build to a version before submitting to review. See how to remove a build from a version here: https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev7cbda8c55?sub=dev31d7db108.
Its only for expiring build.
The remove expired build button is not there in the last few months.
I don't understand why removed this option. There is tons of expired builds in testflight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmJ0wuRxEU&ab_channel=SeanAllen

• That's not the problem that he's asking about.

• Definitely not the problem he's talking about.

Add a Comment

I have well over 50+ build versions under TestFlight that are expired and I would like to remove them from my TestFlight page. All of these old versions have expired and were submitted without the proper semantic versioning and therefore, I have to scroll through them all any time I want to release a new version... It is very annoying!

How can I delete or hide these old build versions from TestFlight?

• I agree with him. Please fix the problem or give me a solution. Please Apple

Add a Comment

I have the same question but none of the answers above help. I currently have 5 builds for the same app version. 1 was expired and I expired another 3. The help.apple link above sounds promising but I already saw that. The 5 builds I have are on the TestFlight tab, not the App Store tab. If the information in that link is correct it is very confusing because it looks like you are deleting the app, not individual builds of the app. I don't want to delete the app. The YouTube link above is for deleting an app, again, not what the original question is asking. So how do you delete an old/expired build?

I have the same issue, I can only expire the build. I too would like to remove it. I have over 40 builds to remove.

• Same issue with expired builds, and the expired builds are the only ones the AppStoreConnect will let me submit for review.

Add a Comment

Same issue with expired builds, though I am mostly just trying to submit a new build. Since I can't delete the expired builds, AppStoreConnect will only let me choose one of the expired builds to submit for review. I don't care so much about deleting the expired builds as about adding a new one. My iOS App status is "1.0 Rejected" and there seems to be no way to change it to "1.0 prepare for submission." So aggravating.

• Same issue: There doesn't seem to be a way to remove Testflight builds. However, when you try to transfer an app, the eligibility test insists that you must remove all Testflight builds as part of the transfer requirements. What do do?

• Hitting the same issue regarding transfer. Dozens or hundreds of Expired builds that I can't delete. Therefore can't transfer.

• Are you incrementing the version number every time you upload? That is a requirement. (.ie. try 1.0.1)

Add a Comment

I had a similar issue but was looking to transfer an app to another App Store Connect Account. To accomplish this I removed all users associated with the account and then removed all data in the form fields under test information. My directions said to delete the builds but I only actually needed to remove users and associated test information. I hope this helps someone.

• Thanks. this worked... The instructions are mis-leading.

• Thank you!! I was also trying to transfer my apps and it wasn't until I cleared the text under test information that it finally worked after a few mins!

• Confirmed: This actually works. Apple: Can you please fix your prerequisites documentation for transfers? They're wrong.

Add a Comment

I, too, am trying to transfer an app. I have removed all testers. I have removed all text under test information. But I cannot remove builds. The builds are all old and long expired. But I cannot remove them. How can I go any further? --JS

You can remove applications from the App information/Additional Information section when you have the Admin/Account holder access rights.

It's 2023 and I still can't remove an old expired build with wrong semantic versioning.

I want to transfer my App to another account, but I am required to delete all the old builds before, and I can't do it! Any help plz!

• You don't have to delete old builds to transfer your app, just "expire" them. I just successfully transferred my app after I (1) clicked on each build (TestFlight> iOS > Builds) then clicked "Expire" in the top right then (2) Deleted all test users

Good Luck!

Add a Comment

You have to expire all builds, delete all test users, and also clear all fields in the General Info > Test Information & then Save

• thanks, it works!

Add a Comment

was this verified?

I find it ridiculous, still in 2024 not to have a solution