TestFlight App uses wrong sandbox account for payment

I'm using TestFlight to test an app with payment/subscription functionality. I created sandbox accounts in AppStore Connect accordingly to be able to test the subscriptions. I'm logged in with the sandbox account.

When I try to subscribe in the App the wrong account (this is my actual real AppleID) is used for the subscription although it is recognized that this is just a sandbox subscription. I tried: logging off/on into the sandbox account creating a totally new sandbox account trying to trigger the payment with no logged in sandbox account The result is always: in the payment popup it is stated that the purchase account will be my original AppleID and not a sandbox account. How can I switch the accounts? Is this a bug at Apple's side somehow?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of fwuen Down vote post of fwuen
14k views

Replies

Anyone found a solution for this issues issue ?. non of above mentioned workarounds are not working for me. I tried with both ways as build the app using TestFlight and Xcode. Still transaction happening thorough the regular apple ID.

I also encountered the same issue. No matter which sandbox user I logged in with in the settings, the app downloaded from TestFlight always used my App Store Apple ID instead of the corresponding sandbox user.

My solution is:

1. Log out of the sandbox user in settings.
  2. Download the app using TestFlight.
  3. Log out of the Apple ID logged in through the App Store (this is the most crucial step).
  4. Open the app and proceed to make an in-app purchase; at this point, the app will prompt you to log in. Use your sandbox user account to log in.

This method allows you to test in-app purchases with the sandbox user.

I hope Apple can fix this issue soon.