Error in installing enterprise build from XCode15 beta to iOS 17 beta OS device

After updating the os to iOS17 beta, not able to install the enterprise app through ipa, it throws error

Error installing '//Downloads/-Internal-Appstore-23.6.5-1.ipa', ERROR: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3002 "Failed to install the app on the device." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600019bcc750 {Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3000 "The item at -Internal-Appstore-23.6.5-1.ipa is not a valid bundle." UserInfo={NSURL=file:////Downloads/-Internal-Appstore-23.6.5-1.ipa, NSLocalizedDescription=The item at -Internal-Appstore-23.6.5-1.ipa is not a valid bundle., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to read the bundle.}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to install the app on the device., NSURL=file:///Downloads/-Internal-Appstore-23.6.5-1.ipa}

Kindly update on this. Do any code side changes have to be done for this to fix these issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Shwetham Down vote post of Shwetham
21k views
  • I reported this as FB12350186.

Add a Comment

Replies

I am also facing the same error after updating the os to tvOS17 Beta.Unable to install the enterprise app through ipa, it throws error

Error installing 'Downloads/.ipa', ERROR: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3002 "Failed to install the app on the device." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600001baafa0 {Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3000 "The item at .ipa is not a valid bundle." UserInfo={NSURL=file://Downloads/.ipa, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to read the bundle., NSLocalizedDescription=The item at .ipa is not a valid bundle.}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to install the app on the device., NSURL=file://Downloads/.ipa}

Please kindly provide a solution for this.

• Same problem here with Enterprise apps.

Add a Comment

I experience seemingly same problem with iOS 17 Developer Beta unfortunately and haven't found any workarounds yet.

I'm experiencing this too, even with the updated Beta 2. About the only workaround I was able to find was to install the .ipa using Apple Configurator. However, I seem to be running into an issue where it reads different apps as the same app saying name of app/ipa is already installed on this device, do you want to skip/replace/stop, even though it is not. So, if you have one specific app that you want to install, this will work. However, installing multiple apps may not. Hopefully, installing via Xcode will be fixed soon.

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in: I'm experiencing the same problem deploying a signed IPA using XCode 15.0 Beta 4. It instantly errors out with "failed to read the bundle" (code 3000). Using XCode 14 I can deploy the same app to any iOS device without any issue. Moreover, the Apple Configurator route still indeed works as well. I hope Apple fixes this bug in XCode 15 so we may deploy directly from XCode again.

I'm experiencing this issue as well. I'm using XCode 15 beta 4 and I'm able to install directly from an XCode project. However, when I build an IPA I can't install it to an iOS 17 device but I was able to install the IPA to an iOS 16.6 device which is also a beta iOS version.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Cirk Down vote reply of Cirk

Same here with XCode 15 beta 4 and beta 5, cannot use devices and simulators to deploy enterprise signed IPA file to an iOS 17 beta phone, but the same IPA file can be deployed to an iOS 16.5.1(c) non-beta phone.

What does iOS 17 beta change, regarding this?

Two years ago for iOS 15 beta, I met the sign signature format change issue, but at then there was already reported and explained here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/682775

Same Issue for me. I developed with David for the next episode of "The Legacy" but with IOS 17 beta I cannot build anything with IPA to test it on a IOS 17 and IpadOS 17 setup... But no problem to build with Xcode 15 beta 5 on IOS 16.6 for example... What is these differences on 17 beta versions? Thanks

I maybe find something. Somehow on IpadOS it will works fine with many attempts. But while read the error logs, I see on the attempt to install on IOS 17 an error "This app was not built to support this device family; app is compatible with ( 2 ) but this device supports ( 1 ) "

I suspect Xcode 15 beta to try to resign and changing without confirmation the app family to an IpadOS app ONLY compatible.

That's why while installing on IOS 17 it will be an error with invalid bundle. I don't know how to change that at the moment of the installation of the IPA file manually with device and simulators windows

Issue persists with Xcode 15 RC build installing on device with iOS 17 RC.

issue still going with Xcode 15 RC build installing on device with iOS 17 RC

Same error with Xcode 15 rc and iOS 17 RC

Failed to install the app on the device.
Domain: com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError
Code: 3002
User Info: {
    DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-09-19 05:55:29 +0000";
    IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDEInstallCoreDeviceWorker;
    NSURL = "file:///Users/zhangheng/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/***.app";
}

--

Could not get service com.apple.remote.installcoordination_proxy (make sure the client is entitled correctly), Error: 83 (Device error)
Domain: IXRemoteErrorDomain
Code: 5
Failure Reason: Unhandled error domain IXRemoteErrorDomain, code 5
User Info: {
    FunctionName = "_RemoteInstallCoordinationServiceForDevice";
    SourceFileLine = 69;
}

--

Event Metadata: com.apple.dt.IDERunOperationWorkerFinished : {
    "device_isCoreDevice" = 1;
    "device_model" = "iPhone14,2";
    "device_osBuild" = "17.0 (21A329)";
    "device_platform" = "com.apple.platform.iphoneos";
    "dvt_coredevice_version" = "348.1";
    "dvt_mobiledevice_version" = "1643.2.4";
    "launchSession_schemeCommand" = Run;
    "launchSession_state" = 1;
    "launchSession_targetArch" = arm64;
    "operation_duration_ms" = 121449;
    "operation_errorCode" = 5;
    "operation_errorDomain" = "com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError.3002.IXRemoteErrorDomain";
    "operation_errorWorker" = IDEInstallCoreDeviceWorker;
    "operation_name" = IDERunOperationWorkerGroup;
    "param_debugger_attachToExtensions" = 0;
    "param_debugger_attachToXPC" = 1;
    "param_debugger_type" = 3;
    "param_destination_isProxy" = 0;
    "param_destination_platform" = "com.apple.platform.iphoneos";
    "param_diag_MainThreadChecker_stopOnIssue" = 0;
    "param_diag_MallocStackLogging_enableDuringAttach" = 0;
    "param_diag_MallocStackLogging_enableForXPC" = 1;
    "param_diag_allowLocationSimulation" = 1;
    "param_diag_checker_tpc_enable" = 1;
    "param_diag_gpu_frameCapture_enable" = 0;
    "param_diag_gpu_shaderValidation_enable" = 0;
    "param_diag_gpu_validation_enable" = 0;
    "param_diag_memoryGraphOnResourceException" = 0;
    "param_diag_queueDebugging_enable" = 1;
    "param_diag_runtimeProfile_generate" = 0;
    "param_diag_sanitizer_asan_enable" = 0;
    "param_diag_sanitizer_tsan_enable" = 0;
    "param_diag_sanitizer_tsan_stopOnIssue" = 0;
    "param_diag_sanitizer_ubsan_stopOnIssue" = 0;
    "param_diag_showNonLocalizedStrings" = 0;
    "param_diag_viewDebugging_enabled" = 1;
    "param_diag_viewDebugging_insertDylibOnLaunch" = 1;
    "param_install_style" = 0;
    "param_launcher_UID" = 2;
    "param_launcher_allowDeviceSensorReplayData" = 0;
    "param_launcher_kind" = 0;
    "param_launcher_style" = 99;
    "param_launcher_substyle" = 8192;
    "param_runnable_appExtensionHostRunMode" = 0;
    "param_runnable_productType" = "com.apple.product-type.application";
    "param_structuredConsoleMode" = 1;
    "param_testing_launchedForTesting" = 0;
    "param_testing_suppressSimulatorApp" = 0;
    "param_testing_usingCLI" = 0;
    "sdk_canonicalName" = "iphoneos17.0";
    "sdk_osVersion" = "17.0";
    "sdk_variant" = iphoneos;
}

--

System Information

macOS Version 13.5.2 (Build 22G91) Xcode 15.0 (22265) (Build 15A240d) Timestamp: 2023-09-19T13:55:29+08:00

Same issue with Xcode Version 15.0 (15A240d).

Error installing '/Users/.../Downloads/.../....ipa', ERROR: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3002 "Failed to install the app on the device." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to install the app on the device., NSUnderlyingError=0x6000057a7480 {Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3000 "The item at ***.ipa is not a valid bundle." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Users/.../Downloads/.../....ipa, NSLocalizedDescription=The item at ....ipa is not a valid bundle., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to read the bundle.}}, NSURL=file:///Users/.../Downloads/.../....ipa} Domain: com.apple.dt.DVTCoreDevice Code: -1

The IPA installs without problem using Configurator 2.16.

I have the same problem after upgrading to Xcode 15 and iOS 17.0.1: Ad Hoc distribution fails "Error installing" ... "The item at ***.ipa is not a valid bundle". Even older IPAs succesfully installed with earlier versions fail. Xcode 15.0, iOS 17.0.1, macOS 13.6.

• did you solve it?

Add a Comment

Opening iOS Settings, and Developer Tools, resetting "Clear Trusted computers" and then authorizing the iPhone again helped in my case with XCode 15 and iOS 17.0.1

Thank you @BioDranik, your solution worked perfectly for me. There's always something with each release, but I'm glad someone figured out a workaround! I was starting to think there were more underlying adhoc build issues with Xcode 15!

Add a Comment