Can't upload to AppStore - Invalid Provisioning Signature

After updating the Xcode to 13.3.1, and after some time since my last release, I can't seem to upload my app to AppStore.

And I get the following error:

Invalid Provisioning Profile Signature. The provisioning profile included in the bundle 'MY BUNDLE HERE' (Payload/Runner.app) cannot be used to submit apps to the iOS App Store until it has a valid signature from Apple. For more information, visit the iOS Developer Portal. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90165

I'm not sure what I broke with the latest update, since it worked fine until now. I tried messing with Archive Scheme in Xcode, I tried adding new provisioning profiles (AppStore and AdHoc) on the developer.apple site, but it doesn't help.

My gut's telling me that the solution is obvious, but...

• same here [Xcode Version 13.3.1 (13E500a)]

• I'm also having the same issue today

• Why it is happening, don't you know?

Replies

I also had the same issue, came to this post from here https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/681482

I fixed this like @valuedcustomer said, by creating a new distribution certificate through xcode.

+1

Create a new distribution certificate through Xcode. I have just done this and it now works.

Preferences > Accounts > Choose team > Manage certificates > + Apple distribution > Archive and upload

• It worked for me, thank you so much!

• worked for me too!! Thank you!

• it worked for me too

I deleted the Provision Profile from the Apple Developer Portal recreated downloaded the new one and the problem is fixed

• I can confirm this worked for me as well. I did NOT recreate any certificates, I just manually deleted and recreated our App Store provisioning profiles and kicked off a new CI build.

Add a Comment

I suspect anything that regenerates the provisioning profile will fix this.

If you use a manual profile you can "Edit" the existing provisioning profile at https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/profiles/list. Click the profile, click Edit, then "Save" to regenerate it. You can download and install the profile, or use the Xcode > Preferences > Accounts > Download Manual Profiles. (This is what I did and it worked.)

Deleting and making a new provisioning profile is functionally the same (in this case) as editing an existing one.

Making a new certificate with auto-signing also causes a new provisioning profile to be generated.

Depending on your context - like distributed teams and build servers - some of these are more disruptive than others. Choose wisely!

Update

Seems you don't even need to "Edit" the profile. Just get Xcode to redownload them by clearing out ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles. See https://twitter.com/hunter/status/1513960632059510784

• It worked for me, thank you!

• This 100% works

• it really helps!! thanks :)

Add a Comment

Problem solved, I can now upload updates to my applications.

Since I couldn't remove the distribution certificate in Xcode, go to: https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/certificates

And delete the certificate, then go into Xcode and create it again and the problem is solved.

Has anyone using fastlane match been able to resolve this issue? We just recreated our distribution cert/profile a month ago and it has worked for several app submission up until today. Recreating the cert/profile in Xcode isn't a (long term) solution for us.

• “fastlane match n-u-k-e distribution” (n-u-k-e without hyphens) then

“fastlane match appstore”

This will delete all certificates and provisioning profiles and create new ones

Add a Comment

Same here

Solved for me:

1. I deleted all files here ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles.
  2. In Xcode accounts I Downloaded Manual Profiles again
  • Its worked for me!

Thanks,

• Bad luck! Not work for me.

Add a Comment

We are using Microsoft AppCenter to build our iOS app and this just started happening for me. I went to the developer portal, edited the profile and re-downloaded it. I then uploaded into appcenter and kicked off another build and everything worked.

Same here!!, yesterday upload, today i can't :(

• This worked for me, i had create apple distribution certificate:

Preferences > Accounts > Choose team > Manage certificates > + Apple distribution

Later, Archive and success upload.

Add a Comment

Has anyone using fastlane match been able to resolve this issue? We just recreated our distribution cert/profile a month ago and it has worked for several app submission up until today. Recreating the cert/profile in Xcode isn't a (long term) solution for us.

We also use fastlane match and we solved by following the steps here https://sarunw.com/posts/how-to-renew-expired-certificate-with-fastlane-match/

@bkirby_abra

I got this problem also.

Thank you so much to those suggesting the fix of adding a new app distribution certificate in Xcode. I was uploading the final build of my game before submitting for review and hit this snag but the fix works.

Apple certainly doesn't make things easy on us, do they? But you all rock!

One one of my machines I have two expired certificates: "Apple iPhone Certification Authority" and "Apple iPhone OS Provisioning Profile Signing"

It expired (UTC +0) Tue, 12 Apr 2022 17:43 (10:43 PDT)

Seems very related...