Get the most out of Digital Lounges at WWDC22
June 6, 2022
Digital Lounges are back for WWDC22! Starting June 7, Apple engineers and designers will be hosting text-based Q&As, watch parties, and community events across more than 15 topics. Whether this is your first time participating in Digital Lounges or you’re returning for year two, here’s what you need to know to help you make the most of your week.
Register for Digital Lounges
You can now register for Digital Lounges to automatically gain access to activities you’re interested in attending — choose from topics like Design, SwiftUI, Developer Tools, Machine Learning, and more. To provide the best experience for everyone, space is limited for each topic, and registering early is the best way to guarantee access to your preferred topics and activities.
You can register for Digital Lounges if you’re a current member of the Apple Developer Program, Apple Developer Enterprise Program, or a WWDC22 Swift Student Challenge winner. To register, sign in with your Apple ID, choose one or more topics, and enter your information. We want to make sure these spaces are helpful and welcoming for everyone — developers and Apple employees alike — and we ask all attendees during registration to review and follow the WWDC22 Interactive Events Policy.
Once your initial registration is processed, you’ll receive an email with more details on participating and a link to access Digital Lounges.
Browse the schedule
You can browse the full list of Digital Lounge activities from the WWDC tab of the Developer app or on developer.apple.com and add them to your personal calendar. With more than 100 activities available to try throughout the week, here are a few tips:
- Engineering and design Q&As are a great opportunity to submit questions and learn from Apple engineers and designers in a group setting. Whether you have a burning query about the latest frameworks or you want to sit back and learn from others’ questions, Q&As have something for everyone.
- Fun fact: Meet the Presenter activities aren’t just a Q&A with the session presenters — they also include live watch parties! You can join or follow along with real-time text conversation as everyone watches the session, followed by a short Q&A. (Presenters begin the live rewatch at 5 minutes after the activity begins, so don’t be late!)
- For some community connection, check out icebreakers throughout the week to get to know your fellow developers as well as the people behind teams like Accessibility, Design, Games, SwiftUI, and more.
- Trivia Night returns to the Developer Tools Digital Lounge on Thursday at 6 p.m. PT. Get ready to test your expertise against the best in the business (and claim some bragging rights).
- Want to experiment with the latest frameworks during WWDC or try out a new design concept? Check out the Study Halls throughout the week to participate in coding and design challenges, collaborate with other developers, and share your creations.
Spot an activity you want to attend but didn’t pre-register for that topic? You can register for additional topics at any time through June 10 as space allows.
Participate in activities
Digital Lounges kick off bright and early on June 7 at 8 a.m. PT, with activities happening each day through June 10. We’re hosting all activities in Slack — so make sure you’ve completed the registration process and downloaded the Slack app on your platform of choice before activities begin.
After you register for a topic, you’ll gain access to all channels within that topic. You can switch channels at any time from the Slack sidebar; you can also open a specific activity directly from the schedule in the Developer app or on developer.apple.com.
To ensure we can find and answer your question during an activity, new messages can only be posted in channels while an activity is in session. At the beginning of each activity, our moderators will unlock the channel and — depending on the activity — welcome you to start posting inside the channel, in threads, or through our “Ask a question” submission form.
Have a question? Ask the help desk
Having trouble accessing a channel or need some assistance? After you’ve registered you’ll gain access to the Help Desk channel, which can help you with any questions you might have about Digital Lounges during WWDC22.
Additionally, if you have a concern about a specific post during an activity, you can use the “Flag a message” button to alert the Digital Lounges moderation team.